Wednesday 2 July 2014

Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, Book1) by A. Z. Green

Firstly, what a prologue! I don’t think I have ever read one like it, and it certainly makes you sit up and pay attention, its short but my word it packs a punch!

The first few chapters, flick between present day with our main character Jaz (I really like her) who has found herself in therapy following a terribly disturbing nightmare a year ago, and the past (around the same time as the nightmare) with a group of unknown people discussing Jaz’s fate. These few chapters were a little disorientating at first and I was struggling to work out who was who, but I thought “no Lou, read these chapters again” and on the second read (having paid attention to the dates at the start of the chapters!) I got it and I have to say it is very cleverly done by the author, these chapters had me trying to put the pieces together to try and work out where the author was going and what had happened and begged me to read on, so I did….

Jaz is immediately likeable, she is sarcastic (love that) and has a faulty brain-to-mouth filter (a bit like my own), some of the things she says or thinks in the book have you really laughing. This book follows her journey through mistrust as she discovers the lies from the people she thinks are her family, little does she know that a lot of what she thinks is real is not and she’s not even the “person” she thought she was, add to that a delicious but moody love interest, although this isn’t your typical romance, and you have a book that sucks you in and doesn’t spit you back out until your finished – ha ha managed that without a spoiler whoop whoop!!

The characters are fabulous I wish I could go into more detail about some of them (one in particular) but it really would ruin the book for you before you read it (you will understand what I mean when you read it), the chemistry between Jaz and “the one I won’t describe” is intense but seriously conflicted, the story is immense and so well thought out and there are many plot twists and things that make you go ooh I hadn’t thought of that.

I love that it is set in England and that I know some of the places mentioned, also I like that the author uses phrases that I would use so for me reading it felt ‘comfortable’ and I really like her writing style. Her character and location descriptions are brilliant and each character really has their own personality that pops out of the page at you.

And then the cliffhanger, you're just about to find out who…………

Book two ASAP please!! :0)

Read: June 2013 (and again January 2014)


https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7106784.A_Z_Green

Book Description:

The bloody, raw meat was tantalizing her; calling to her. She hated it and yearned for it all at once.
Stop, she ordered. What are you doing?!
So hungryyyyy, snarled a primal voice deep within her.
Don’t you dare! she screamed back.
But the primal hunger ignored her pleas and took over her body, forcing her rational voice deep within the crevices of her mind.



What would you do if you discovered you weren't human? That you turned into a bloodthirsty monster against your will?
What if your instincts, emotions and desires were torn between your own and the dark, dangerous animal lurking inside of you?
If it could make you yearn for someone you shouldn't, make you say and act in ways you wouldn't and overwhelm your whole existence?
If everything you'd ever known about your life was a lie?

In a world where a deeply hidden community is swathed in mystery, deadly secrets, betrayal and murder, Jaz Barker struggles to fight against the dangerous Beast within her and the emotions and desires it thrusts her way.

When tensions ride high and people she cares about are put in danger, she will have to decide how much of her newly awakened animal-side she's willing to let in.

And if it is worth the risk...

No comments:

Post a Comment