Wednesday 2 July 2014

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, Book 1) by Bec McMaster

This was my first venture into steampunk and also my first book by this author, I wasn't disappointed!!

I would say this is quite paranormal (which is a bonus as its my fave genre) with a steampunk twist, the steampunk element is mainly the descriptive elements i.e. the environment in which this story takes place, the modes of transport and items, some of the characters are "steampunk"

The world in which this story takes place is very well described and easy to imagine. The characters have depth and you really feel like you get to know them, the main characters are our leading lady Honoria, who is a very strong character with some real issues that needed to be addressed and the totally swoon-worthy Blade (where can I get myself one of him!!) whilst he's not your typical drop dead gorgeous hero you soon find yourself falling for him along side Honria as you read through the pages and immerse yourself in the intriguing world that Bec McMaster has created. The secondary characters in this also help make this a great book and I can easily see them going on to become main characters in further books in the series, I am definitely keen to learn more about young Will, Blades lieutenant and verwulfen aka "The Beast of Whitechapel" he has some issues and also I think Lena, Honoria's younger sister is going to be a firecracker of a leading lady.

I don't like spoilers in reviews and as such don't like to give much away about the plot in my own reviews. But I would like to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book and if you like anything paranormal or steampunk then read this, you will not be disappointed, I myself am moving straight on to book 2.

I cannot wait to read more from Bec McMaster and I really struggled to put this book down.

Read: June 2013



https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5763301.Bec_McMaster


Book Description:

When Nowhere Is Safe

Most people avoid the dreaded Whitechapel district. For Honoria Todd, it's the last safe haven. But at what price?

Blade is known as the master of the rookeries—no one dares cross him. It's been said he faced down the Echelon's army single-handedly, that ever since being infected by the blood-craving he's been quicker, stronger, and almost immortal.

When Honoria shows up at his door, his tenuous control comes close to snapping. She's so...innocent. He doesn't see her backbone of steel—or that she could be the very salvation he's been seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment